The First-Aid Companion for Dogs & Cats
Amy D. Shojai
Is there an animal doctor in the house?
Most likely, the answer is no. And when an accident or other emergency threatens your pet, every minute counts. Don’t be unprepared! Open The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats and learn:
* Basic first-aid techniques, such as cleaning a wound, making a splint, and performing CPR–step-by-step!
* Which over-the-counter human medications can help–or harm– your dog or cat
* What to keep in your pet’s medicine chest (many essential items are probably in your house already!)
* How to quickly pinpoint what’s wrong with your pet, using the First-Aid Symptom Finder
Plus, you’ll discover a comprehensive A-to-Z guide to more than 150 common– and not-so-common– injuries and conditions, including:
* Abscesses (page 60)
* Bites from Animals (page 90)
* Car Accidents (page 117)
* Choking (page 131)
* Heatstroke (page 237)
* Hot Spots (page 245)
* Poisoning (page 311)
* And more
Each at-a-glance entry tells you when to call the vet, which supplies or medications you’ll need, what immediate action you should take, and what you should do as follow-up care.
By knowing what to do in an emergency and then acting quickly and confidently to take the proper steps, you could save your pet’s life. The next time medical help is not quickly available, reach for The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats. It’s a pet owner’s second best friend.
9 in stock